The Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Situation and Ours
CP Seeds Preventive Measures
Based on the latest reports of the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV) outbreak, which have been confirmed largely in Wuhan City. Hubei Province of China. and also in other places internationally. Charoen Pokphand Seeds (India) Pvt.. Ltd. is deeply concerned about the health and well-being of fellow employees. Therefore, we would like to announce the following measures to be taken group-wide during the epidemic situation of the 2019-nCOV (COVID-19) outbreak in addition to the guidelines that various business units have already implemented.
Preventive measures for employees traveling to/from China/countries with confirmed outbreak of 2019-nCov
Personal Protection and Sanitation Care
- For business functions /offices located in the areas with confirmed outbreak of COVID-19
- Strictly comply with the Indian government's measures and recommendations.
- The business's Top Management can exercise its discretion to continue or temporarily suspend business operations in that area as appropriate (taken into consideration the business impact and safety of their employees). Preventive, monitoring, and response measures of COVID-19 for workplaces and employees
We request cooperation from the employees to take care and protect themselves in accordance with the following guidelines.
- Avoid being in crowded and polluted area (such as shopping malls. train stations. public events and gatherings). as well as close contact with anyone with flu-like symptoms. If unavoidable. then please wear protective face masks (such as traveling by public transports and using elevators).
- Wear protective face masks if you have flu-like symptoms. such as coughing and sneezing.
- Wash hands thoroughly with water and soap (or alcohol-based gel / hand cleanser in case water and soap is unavailable). and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unnecessarily.
- Do not share and use personal belongings with others (such as handkerchiefs. glasses. and towels).
We seek cooperation from all business units to implement the following measures with regards to workplace management.
- Increase the effectiveness and pay special attention to the air conditioning systems. such as sterilization. filtering
- Increase the frequency of cleaning public high-touch surfaces. such as door knobs and buttons, with effective disinfectants or diluted home bleach at the ratio of 1:99.
- Provide handwashing stations in public areas. such as meeting rooms and elevator lobby.
- Ensure hand soaps and tissue papers are always available in restrooms.
- Always keep the restrooms clean and dry.
- Visitors should always be checked and monitored, and the welcome area for visitors should be located separately from the employee's work area.
- If a supervisor or the business's Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) Department identified an employee with fever. please ask him/her to see the doctor immediately. That employee would n. be allowed to enter the work premise until fully recovered.
We hope that all Charoen Pokphand Group's employees and their families will be healthy and safe from the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) and other diseases.